After completing my contract with the 2012 Olympics I was ready for my next exciting challenge in London which turned out to be working for the Operations Team at Hanson Wade. I was drawn into the company with promises of a young, fast paced environment which offers a fast career progression and those promises have not failed to deliver.
I have now worked for the Operations Team for just over 2 years, I have managed the operations for over 80 events and I am still learning a huge amount with each new challenge every event throws at me.
As an Operations Manager I have the responsibility to bring the conference ideas to life, the key areas of my role are:
- Speaker/sponsor engagement – I manage the communication for these key stakeholders to ensure they have all the information that they need, at the right time, for each event
- Venue management – I work with the venues to ensure that we create the best onsite experience possible for our attendees which involves anything from catering choices to seat set up
- Sourcing and managing suppliers – I ensure that we have a reliable hostess/AV team/signage & document printer in every country that we work in, to make sure that our events are a success on site
- Forecasting and managing event expenditure – I ensure that the budgets are not exceeded and that the events come in on cost
- Onsite management – I work with the rest of the event team and external suppliers onsite to make sure that we deliver everything to the best standard possible
The best thing about my job is the Operations Team. I think the dynamics of your own team makes a huge difference to your happiness within a company and I have the pleasure of working with 2 of the most supportive, positive people.